Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, 22 October 2009

JKLF condemned the Baton Charge of People in Bijbehara, Kashmir


London (October 22, 2009) Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front –JKLF- has strongly condemned the heavy baton charge of people in Bijbehara, Kashmir at the hands of India's occupation forces during a peaceful demonstration in Baramullah.

Several persons including ISL chairman Shakeel Bakshi, Umat-I-Islami president Qazi Yasir, Zonal President of JKLF Abdul Qadir Rathar and JKLF Senior Vice Chairman S.M. Afzal were also injured in the baton charge  on Wednesday evening after security personnel objected to the screening of a documentary on Kashmir on the 16th anniversary of 1993 Bijbehara massacre that had left 40 people dead.

People had gathered in-front of martyr’s graveyard Bijbehara on Wednesday evening to pay tribute to Martyrs and watch the documentary. The Indian security personnel in large numbers reached the venue and ransacked all the equipments and also resorted to heavy baton charge on the crowd that had been watching the documentary.

In a statement issued from London, Head of the JKLF Diplomatic Committee Prof. Zafar Khan and President of JKLF UK Zone Haji Rauf Khan has said that such inhuman incidents in Kashmir clearly show India’s intolerant behaviour towards Kashmiris non-voilent movement for a political settlement of Kashmir dispute. He said that indiscriminate baton charge on peaceful people and separatist leaders will not make Kashmiris retract from their demand of free and fair plebiscite in Kashmir. He further said that such oppressive and cruel measures will not dampen the struggle for right to self determination and national dignity by the masses

Zafar Sharif,
Secretary
JKLF Diplomatic Committee

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Quick Message
Press Esc to close
Copyright © 2013 Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front | JKLF All Right Reserved